You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31547
Metrology Design Engineer (Medior)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Is solving complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort your passion? Does working in a multi-cultural and international environment makes you spin? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? If all this sounds like music to your ears, these Metrology Designer positionsmight be the right opportunity for you.
Role and responsibilities
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
This is why we are looking for Metrology engineers who areexperts in requirements engineering and challenged by translating functional requirements into lean functional designs. We need highly motivated new colleagues who combine strong analytical reasoning and conceptual understanding with excellent communication skills.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
Take the lead in:
- the definition of system level specification ofdifferent functions,like functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites.
- Investigating failure modes of the system and figuring out the containment that will buy time to find the root cause of a problem.
- Performing feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Enabling the realization of new functionality by interacting with specialist software designers in the project team.
Integrating and testing the function against the specification.
Education and experience
3-5 years of experience:
- Experience with functional specification and integration.
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with MATLAB or
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models. Able to break down a large problem into manageable components.
- Knowledge about the software development process.
- Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Experience with model-driven engineering or modeling.
A Master’s degree or PhD in Physics, Applied Mathematics or other Engineering (such as
Electrical or Mechanical).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team worker and excellent communicator
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit
- Ability to influence without power.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
These positions areavailable within Functional Metrology Groups ( Grid &SPM,Image Alignment, Image Quality, Leveling, Wafer alignment)
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.