30+ days ago - req31595
Metrology Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize optical metrology systems?Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements? Please contact us today. We currently have exciting opportunities for an Metrology Design Engineer.
Role and responsibilities
AsMetrology Design Engineer in our development and engineering department Applications you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment in which you will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in:
- Analyzing application requirements.
- Specifying and designing metrology modules and its components.
- Integrating, calibrating and testing the metrology system.
- Root cause analysis and designing solutions
You will work in a multidisciplinary project (physics, mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, and software) that develops the alignment function for the Yieldstar metrology tool.
- Define and discuss the specification and qualification of the alignment function in order to meet the application requirements.
- Interact with other D&E groups on (sub-) module requirements, implementation considerations and qualification
- Generate effective and creative solutions in order to realize these requirements, including specification towards software engineering
- Modeling, integration and experimental verification of the alignment system performance of the Yieldstar system
Support the production process and field maintenance methods of the system and its use by the final customers.
Education and experience
To succeed as the Metrology Design Engineer you are qualified in Applied Physics on at least Master level, or similar.
We are looking for candidates with different experience levels in the mentioned field of interest.
- Knowledge of optics, physics in general
- Experience with specifying (sub-) systems and components
- Experience with signal & image processing and analysis tools
- Experience with data analysis in MatLab.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams in an industrialized environment
- Experience with writing requirements for software engineers and/or suppliers.
- Experience with or knowledge of complex systems
- Experience with design of efficient and smart algorithms
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Hands-on mentality and result orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Good communicational skills and knowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The Yieldstar Alignment group is, within the sector Development and Engineering, part of the Applications business line. We develop and deliver solutions to measure properties of a features on a semiconductor wafer. These measurements are then used to control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors devices. One of the main products in the portfolio is the YieldStar metrology tool. The Yieldstar Alignment group is responsible for the development of the XYZ wafer alignment system of this tool.
Including a personalized motivation letter is highly appreciated.