14 days ago - req31525
Technical Graduate Program - Physics & Applied Mathematics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Start your career in a dynamic, international environment – one where you will be challenged every day to push the boundaries of technology further than ever before.By joining our program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a technical career at ASML.
We have multiple job opportunities in our Research & Development department for recent graduates with background in physics and applied mathematics. We invite you to bring your best ideas and join a dynamic, global collaboration committed to pushing technology to new limits. By applying to this program you are going to be considered for multiple vacancies where your background in physics or applied mathematics could be a perfect fit.
Role and responsibilities
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. We make machines that make chips. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them. Never satisfied, we measure our performance in units that begin with pico or nano. Through the development of smaller, faster and still more affordable chips, the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
Physics is at the heart of everything we do at ASML. To make sure our customer can keep printing smaller and smaller features on chips using our machines. To accomplish this we need physicists and mathematicians who can help us create next-generation products.
We have quite a lot of positions for recent graduates with background in physics and applied mathematics. We have the following positions available: metrology design engineer (in multiple departments) and Imaging Design Engineer, test and validation within the Performance & Integration cluster.
Metrology Design Engineer:
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. You will perform different task such as:
- Participate in the definition of system level specification of different functions, like functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability. (E.g. Coming up with a measurement scheme to capture an effect or coming up with an algorithm to describe a physical effect or a correction for an unwanted effect).
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites. Investigate failure modes of the system and figure out the containment that will buy time to find the root cause of a problem.
- Perform feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Enable the realization of new functionality by interacting with specialist software designers in the project team. Integrate and test the function against the specification.
Imaging Design Engineer, test and validation:
The EUV Imaging Engineer is responsible for the imaging assessment of the EUV scanner. You will be a key player in making the performance of our scanners meet our customer’s needs. You will perform different task such as:
- Predicting imaging performance of our future tools. Assessing, trouble-shooting and optimizing imaging performance of real scanners who have just come into existence
- Developing advanced imaging tests to assess scanner budgets
- Closing the scanner design V-loop and feedforward input to new scanners designs based on real data
- Communication with a wide range of stakeholders such as (System) engineers of various scanner components, marketing, suppliers (e.g. Zeiss), external partners (e.g. IMEC) and possibly ASML customers
What can you expect from us?
By joining our program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a technical career at ASML. To give you the best possible start at ASML, you will combine your daily activities with intensive onboarding activities. The first year of your job consists of a combination of trainings to develop both your soft skills and your technical skills. In consultation with your manager there will be also the option to choose specific individual trainings related to your personal development.
Please note that this program does not offer job rotation, you will be hired in a full time paid job in the best matching function. How do we decide which function suits you the best? We will take into account your skills and ambitions and we will decide after the selection day which position matches the best with your indicated preference.
Education and experience
- You have a MSc or PhD in the field of Physics, Applied Mathematics or related
- You completed your education less than 9 months ago or you will graduate within 3 months from the selection day
- You have a maximum of 12 months of relevant working experience
- You have a strong affinity with modeling and data analysis (preferably with MATLAB or Python)
- You have (basic) experience designing algorithms and functional models
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are a team player, you work for the success of your team and ASML
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are goal-oriented and self-initiating
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- You are eager to learn
- You speak and write fluently in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We offer you
* A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
* We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Commuting allowance
* Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
* A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
* A close network of other fresh grads and colleagues
* The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers
You have to apply with your resume and motivation letter before Sunday 14th of November 2021 at 23:59 CEST. We will inform you if your application has been selected for the first round of the selection process within one week from the application deadline.
2. Pre-recorded video interview
The first round consists of an online pre-recorded interview. The candidates matching our selection criteria will be invited to answer to few pre-set questions via HireVue.
3. Selection day
If you pass the first round, you will be invited to our selection day. Due to COVID-19 restrictions the selection day will be fully virtual. The selection day will take place on Thursday the 9th of December.
During this day, your competencies will be assessed via different activities (such as interviews or a business game). The screening board will decide which candidates will move forward.
4. Job offer
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer for which team. The starting date is flexible (preferably beginning of 2022).
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.