Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31677
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Looking for dynamic technician with experience in Optical and opto-mechanics hardware hands on experience with assembly, alignment and testing. The Job requires lab and clean room engineering areas ownership to maintain work space functional and safe. The position will involve strong interactions with optical design engineer and architect to define work content and support engineering proto-typing and design concept evaluation.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The candidate will support the Yield Star functional team with diverse hand-on tasks in optical and opto-mechanical engineering. Typical tasks are:
- Review test proposals and give recommendations for feasibility in term of hands on and availability of material and timing.
- Maintain the two engineering labs owned by Yield Star group.
- Keep team labs within the ASML Wilton safety guidelines.
- Order Parts/equipment for lab stock, lab upgrades, safety and team members experiments.
- Support team members lab experiments with build, alignment and take taking.
- Support Daily requests from team members of diverse escalation tasks with finding hardware and planning to testing to solve production escalation requiring engineering support.
- Shipping/receiving Items for team members and the team as a whole.
Education and experience
High school graduate with minimum 6 years’ related experience
2 year technical certification from a community college in Precision mechanics or Optics with minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Demonstrate experience in lab work in the area of optical alignment and testing.
- Experience with optical alignment tools as telescopes, mechanical gauging.
- Experience with interferometer testing.
- Experience with sensors qualification testing data taking.
- Experience with lab maintenance and keeping labs with needed equipment.
- Knowledge about laser safety.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located onsite in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to perform lab work, attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- No flexible workplace arrangement is available for this position as most of the tasks are hand-on tasks.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.