Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
9 days ago - req31667
Project Lead - Wafer Alignment Sensor
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a Project Lead in Wafer Alignment Sensor, you are responsible for the organization, structure and planning of optical, mechanical and electrical assemblies as well as functional software development that make up our alignment sensors.These activities cover the complete development cycle, from architecture definition to final integration and high volume manufacturing. You pro-actively drive the development work of the multi-disciplinary team of engineers, co-developers and cross-sector stakeholders and participate in reviewing concepts and designs on all above-mentioned criteria through project completion.
Key components of this position are:
- Create a work breakdown structure and translate this into a transparent plan utilizing Microsoft Project
- Maintain deliverables’ plan according to the triple constraints of timing, resources and scope
- Regular progress reporting and presentations to stakeholders, including management teams.
- Coordinate the deliverables from projects, driving performance, availability, cost and timing
- Ensure cross discipline dependencies are identified, planned and executed
- Manage resources in a team of ~10 and take operational responsibility within projects
- Identify bottlenecks and/or improvement opportunities within the team/project
- Manage and steer co-developers, aligning them with your work breakdown and plan
- Assess technical risk and create mitigation plans
- Ensure project deliverables are designed for High Volume Manufacturing (HVM)
Education and experience
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optics (or equivalent experience) plus experience per below:
- Bachelors with minimum 5 years’ experience
- Masters with minimum 1 years’ experience
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- At least 1 year of experience in leading a small to medium sized team
- Overseeing multiple concurrent activities is required
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral
- PMP certification is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.