13 days ago - req31689
Yieldstar Throughput Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team whilst providing innovative solutions to our customer’s challenges? If so, then please read on for this job opportunity!
Role and responsibilities
Cost Of Operation is important for our customers for the upcoming nodes. ASML can achieve customer requirements by keeping design costs for next generation systems under control as well as by making the system faster. As a D&E Application Engineer Yieldstar Throughput (YS TPT) you work within the Integration Cluster YS Throughput with a small team together with the Architect and System Engineer on TPT models, validation of the models, the analysis of throughput related issues and TPT system integration across the several YS platforms.
Although working in a small team (~3 FTE), working in an integration cluster means collaborating, aligning, as well as stakeholder management with all functional and other integration clusters in the Yieldstar program. This is an excellent opportunity to besides going into depth also broaden your knowledge.
In the position you are expected to travel to customers and operate on-site for a period of one or more weeks at the time as such securing a close link with the customer environment the solutions are targeted for.
- Design, develop and maintain analysis tooling to enable budget and model validation as well as fast troubleshooting of TPT issues. Typical programming languages are Matlab and/or Python
- Analysis of TPT issues, pinpoint which delivered module and/or SW combinations caused the performance issue and drive together with the module owners for a solution.
- Creation of models to describe and predict TPT behavior of the systems
- Validation of created TPT models and budget breakdowns
- Data and performance analysis. Monitor tool and fleet data over time, develop performance indicators and implement control limits
- Get familiar with HW and SW flows that impact TPT and drive improvements in this area
- Drive improvement processes to minimize the amount of TPT deviations (for example by automated tests or improved ways of working for teams)
Education and experience
- MSc in Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
- Customer solution orientation and affinity with the development of workflows to be implemented in Software Application solutions
- Strong programming skills (Matlab and/or Python or C/C++)
0-2 years experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communication skills in multi-disciplinary environment
- Pro-active; it is expected that you take initiative to (help) drive progress
- Result oriented attitude; we are looking for a person that can work with set deadlines
- Pragmatic approach; you should be capable of thinking in pragmatic solutions
- Customer oriented attitude. Solving customer specific problems while keeping generic high volume solutions and maintainability in mind.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Business line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products. Within the Development & Engineering of the Business Line Applications, the Yieldstar Focus & In-Device Metrology (IDM) group is part of the On Product Performance department.
Yieldstar Focus & In-Device Metrology covers the area of physics and mathematics based functionality development required to extract relevant Focus metrics from the raw or pre-processed acquisitions of the Yieldstar metrology tools. The group is responsible for the design, integration and test of new measurement functions enabling the applications of the metrology tool. The group contributes in the area of reticle marker design and Application Reticle/Wafer qualification. In the group we interface with Yieldstar Hardware, Customer Support, Software teams, Local offices worldwide and other D&E groups within the On-Product Performance department.
Next to Focus Metrology the group also holds the Integration Cluster Throughput.
Travel requirements: this job might require you to travel to locations worldwide (~10-15% of time, typically customer visits of 1-2 weeks few times a year).
A motivation letter to apply for this position is required.
Scatterometry, metrology, semiconductor application, lithography, throughput, Yieldstar
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.