You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31780
Competence Engineer Mechatronics - Customer Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is a high-tech fast growing Dutch company head-quartered near Eindhoven in the Netherlands with local offices at our customers worldwide. As market leader in the semiconductor industry ASML designs and manufactures complex lithographic and Metrology systems. YieldStar Competency Engineering is part of the Customer Support (CS) Applications department focusing on (technical) service engineering.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field, to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in your competence, you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters. Also:
- You are the technical interface for the competence between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E), Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Manufacturing (MF).
- You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues.
- You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by maintaining the quality and completeness of the Service, Upgrades and Relocation Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build & maintain technical expertise;
- Become the knowledge base, for Yieldstar modules Wafer handler, Wafer exchange and the newly added Stage Position Measurement system;
- Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers;
- Quantify the impact of structural issues on the operational targets;
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level;
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer presentations;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in technical science (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired;
- Preferably 3 years or more work experience in an ASML engineering or customer support role. Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible, but result driven;
- Team player with good communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
Keywords: Analytical, Technical specialist, networker, communication, result driven, international.