30+ days ago - req31718
Safety Control Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the jobAre you challenged by the engineering of electrical control solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
Role and responsibilities
As an electrical Safety Control Designer,you are defining, realizing and maintaining a machinewide Safety handling (control) infrastructure, by implementing human safety andmachine damage functions for new and existing ASML products.
The electrical Safety Control Designeris responsible for the following:
- Team member in anElectronic Development team, contributing to multidisciplinary projectdeliverables
- Define, document and maintain specifications of safetycontrol infrastructure using SIEMENS PLC Hardware and Software.
- Design and simulatethe various safety and machine damage functions in the PLC software
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferredimplementation scenario for new or changed functions.
- Transfer knowledge to Manufacturing- and Service-engineers.
- Contribute to the analysis and solution ofreliability issues.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience.
- Multiple years of experience as Electrical Control designer, including working in multidisciplinary design teams
- Has experience with general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Has experience with industrial networks (Profibus, Profinet, etc..) including SIEMENS PLC, both hardware and software.
- Has knowledge of and experience in safety systems and international standards (like IEC62061, ISO13849-1, NFPA79, IEC/EN60204, etc.)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving
- Pragmatic attitude
- Responsible with quality focus
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Thesector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for thespecification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E, the clusterElectronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization,and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products.
Within EDEV the group ElectricalInfrastructure DUV is responsible for the definition, realization,qualification and integration of the electrical infrastructure, mainsdistribution and safety handling functions needed for all DUV scannerproducts.
The Electro Mechanical Design Engineerwill report to the group leader Electrical Infrastructure DUV.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.