Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req31801
Group Lead NPI - Customer Support DUV Engineering
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you know how to manage a team of Project Engineers who work with stakeholders with conflicting interests and deal with frequent changing priorities? Do you know how to develop individuals and a team with frequent travelers? Do you know how to support, coach and train local Project leaders so that they can manage their (project) challenges? If so then the role of CS SPM Group Lead for our Project Engineers is the right opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Within CS DUV Engineering department the Service Product Management cluster (SPM) manages the introduction of new products on XT and NXT into the ASML worldwide service organization. These products range from new technology with critical time-to-market to new services to improve the operational performance for our customers.
Your mission is to build and maintain a successful team that supplies the global CS NPI organization with DUV generalist knowledge support of new technology developments.
As Group lead you head a team of approximately 11 highly dedicated project engineers working on DUV products. The team’s responsibility is to prepare the CS organization for new products introduction (NPI) and to mature these products to meet the customer committed performance and cycle time requirements. This is currently mainly done during introduction phase where the team is responsible for rapid issue identification and resolution. To improve the delivered quality at the field introduction of the new product you as Group lead will be tasked to define the CS engineering contribution during earlier phases of the product generation process (e.g. participation in FMEA, 4 o’clock sessions).
- Manage and coach the team members, delegate tasks/assignments, set priorities together with the programs, solve problems and contribute to a productive working climate;
- Ensure adequate organization and staffing to meet CS NPI program requirements;
- Ensure that a high level of machine knowledge and coordination is available;
- Ensure proper execution of HRM policies and procedures, conduct employee appraisals;
- Become part of our global NPI community Committee.
- Project and change management of assigned DUV continuous improvement projects.
·NPI2HVM Project Management (model for structured product introduction at CS sites in the field):
- Support, coach and train local PL’s so that they can (project) manage their responsibilities;
- Ensure usage and site2site learning of Project Management means and methods and CS NPI way of working;
- CS NPI Maturation team blueprint owner detailing local project management actions/capacity to ensure tool, site and customer readiness for new systems.
Master’s degree (or Bachelor + relevant industry experience) in physics, electronics or mechanical engineering.
- Line management experience (3-5 years) in a high tech equipment industry;
- Project, program and portfolio management knowledge (3-5 years);
- Proven track record of leading process improvement projects.
- Inspirational leader taking the team and stakeholders along;
- Strong influencing skills: able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization;
- Creative, reduces ambiguity with a focus on customer requirements;
- Strong consultative communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels);
- Strong analytical skills and a technical background with a drive towards solutions delivered in time;
- Capable of conceiving and maintaining ‘global’ overview of many ongoing strategically important issues.
Context of the position
In this role you report to the Manager CS DUV Engineering (in Veldhoven).
Willingness to travel internationally up to 10%