30+ days ago - req31888
Mechatronics Designer/Integrator (MATLAB)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you have a background in Mechatronics, Control, Dynamics and experience in creating high quality production code for mechatronic systems? And do you get energy from designing and implementing reusable algorithms and tools in MATLAB/Simulink (StateFlow) for mechatronic systems together with high tech suppliers? Then this position can be very interesting for you!
Role and responsibilities
You specify functionality and create designs in MATLAB/Simulink to calibrate mechatronic modules, verify its performance and diagnose if necessary. Your job embodies specification, design, integration and test execution, with the emphasis on your MATLAB algorithms. During integration, in case the specifications are not met, problem identification, root-cause analysis, containment, risk assessment towards other machines and redesign of the functionality are needed. All this work will be done in close collaboration with high tech suppliers, who are making the hardware in-house.
As MATLAB Expert in the Mechatronic Systems Department you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment that further develops the MATLAB code used for current and next generation Mechatronic Modules, e.g. WaferStage, ReMa, POB and Illuminator.
You specify the mechatronic needs of a module in the ASML scanner and are responsible for the verification in practice. You will work on algorithm implementation and creation of MATLAB toolboxes, which needs to be shared with high tech suppliers. You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in the following activities:
- Specify the mechatronic requirements and align with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain MATLAB components and (standalone) tools for offline data analysis.
- Documentation of specifications, design, test results and lessons learned.
- Proper alignment with internal stakeholders (e.g. software and electronics design) and external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers and co-developers).
Since you are working directly in a project, the following activities are of relevance as well:
- Provide test rig, proto, pilot, standby and integration support in case of escalations. If needed; prepare and execute knowledge transfers to the factory and the field.
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics and apply this knowledge in case of (re)design of functions within the modules.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at end to end responsibility of a mechatronics module or function.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters/PhD in Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics or Electrical engineering.
- 3 – 5 years work experience in high-tech industry
- Professional user knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow
- Experience with creating high quality production code in MATLAB applied at real time platforms
- Solid basis in mechatronics
- Experience working in multidisciplinary project teams; specifically working closely together with software and electronical designers is required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player with good communication skills
- Eager to learn and challenge the unknown. Strong analytical ability
- Strong quality focus with a pragmatic attitude
- You get energy to work under pressure and align with challenging stakeholders
Diversity & inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the Mechatronics Systems Development department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects or focused on building competence for the projects.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
Please know that several of our mechatronic development groups are expanding so this is a pipeline vacancy for the whole department. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing or upcoming positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity, which might take longer than screening process for regular vacancies.
Some of our positions might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.