21 days ago - req31910
Cymer - Field Service Engineer - Tainan
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Role and responsibilities
• Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
• Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
• Maintains and manages an assigned installation equipment base.This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
• Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment.
• Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
• Provides service education to customer’s service and operations staff.
• Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
• Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
• Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers.
• Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
• Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
•Requires an Associate’s Degree with a technical emphasis and a minimum of four (4) year’s of field service engineering experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field with two (2) years of field service engineering experience.
•Minimum of one (1) year experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience is preferred.
•Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
•Has led one installation or significantly contributed to the successful installation of products at multiple sites.
•Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
•Good written and verbal communications skills.
•Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff.
•Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure statistics, etc.).
•Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building.
•Intermediate level of technical knowledge of electronics.
•Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges.
•Ability to apply advanced knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required.
•Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
•Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as:background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
•Ability to travel via air and auto approximately 20% of the time.
•For regions - oral and written English language skills preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.