30+ days ago - req31924
Design Engineer Illumination, Sources and Dose Control
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you have a PhD degree in Physics or similar? Do you want to become an allrounder and increase your existing affinity with optics, lasers, software scripting, electronics? Do you have what it takes to develop into the recognized leading technical expert (architect) in the field of illumination, sources and dose control that maintains the multi-disciplinary overview while we push the technology boundaries in optics, lasers, software, electronics, mechatronics, and mechanics? Do you like to develop and coach your colleagues? If so, please apply, because you sound like our next DUV Illumination Sources and Dose Control Design Engineer!
Role and responsibilities
Within ASML, D&E DUV is responsible for the specification and development of ASML DUV products. The Twinscan DUV Optical Column department is responsible for development of optical systems that are used for projection of IC-design layers onto the wafer. The department is divided into multiple groups each of which works in its own specialist subsystem / area.
As part of the Illumination, Sources and Dose Control group (IL-S&DC) you contribute to various stages of development, integration and qualification of sources, optical modules and sensors.
To be successful you will need to prioritize and set your own goals. Furthermore, we expect you to take initiative, be creative and that you have demonstrated the potential to take technical leadership and develop/coach others. As a team player you must stay focused on your deliverables in projects. You will acquire and communicate specialist knowledge and participate in technical developments relating to specific design targets, while also accessing competence from other specialists.
As a part of a multidisciplinary product development team you will contribute to specification, modeling, design and qualification of the sub modules of the IL-S&DC function and establish the required technical documentation according to ASML standards.
- Specify, design and test the sub-modules and develop the associated test tools/sw/scripts; supervise the making of models and prototypes and carry out the tests and adapt the design accordingly.
- Participate in and/or initiate feasibility studies relating to specific design targets.
- Maintain close contact with suppliers with respect to technical specifications and demands.
- Ensure the modularity, manufacturability and serviceability of the designs.
- Drive the integration of the sub-system into ASML products, analyze issues and drive towards completed solution.
- Analyze (sub)system performance relating to the ASML product performance, securing the sub-system qualification towards system specifications.
Education and experience
PhD degree in Physics or similar with clear demonstration of (and drive for) excellence expertise and potential for technical leadership.
Broad knowledge of optics, lasers, control algorithms. Able to understand and communicate with colleagues (or vendors) in the fields of electronics, mechanics, software and mechatronics. Experience in the field of high-tech system development in an architect role is a preference.
- Self-starting fast learner, taking initiative
- Strong communicator / team player able to take technical leadership
- Able and willing to develop/coach less experienced colleagues
- Able to document design requirements and tests in detail
- Pragmatic in approach with proper theoretical basis
- Seeking for a technical career path
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We prefer that all group members become all-round. Affinity with optics, lasers, software scripting (e.g. Python, MATLAB for prototyping and data analysis) and electronics is preferred.