30+ days ago - req31929
Electrical Engineering Internship: Feasibility study Cooling Box RCCB
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Are you a bachelor student with an educational background in Electrical Engineering? Are you hardware oriented and have good communication skills? Then this internship could be interesting for you!
RCCB (Reticle Cooling Control Box) is a part of ASML’s Twinscan reticle cooling system. Reticle temperature needs to be 22.000 C with 1 milli-Kelvin precision! RCCB box contains among other things, control for H-bridge driving heaters/peltier elements. The intention is to move power supply which is now extern, into the box and replace flex PCB’s by rigid PCB etc.
During this internship you will be expected to:
- Investigate different options for new TEC controllers & choose;
- Investigate the usage of Powerlink to communicate between box and ASML computer hardware;
- Investigate possibility of replacement of flex PCB’s by a rigid PCB;
- Conduct temperature dissipation studies (of the RCCB itself);
- Remove existing design constraints;
- Deliver a proposal for new version of the RCCB box;
- Assist with building prototypes of new RCCB.
- You are a bachelor student with an educational background in Electrical engineering;
- You are a bachelor student looking to do your graduation project;
- You are hardware oriented;
- PCB design is a nice to have;
- You have good communication and social skills to gather requirements;
- You are available to do a full-time internship with a duration of minimum 6 months.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €500 (plus a possible housing or travel allowance), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 29,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?