22 days ago - req31934
Head of Content
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The (new) content team of ASML’s global communications department is responsible for the development of digital-first storytelling, global content strategy, news, presentations and multi-media productions as well as visualizing data and technology, supporting ASML’s business goals and reputation as a leading high-tech company and attractive employer.
The team will develop the editorial style guide and ensuring consistency in our corporate messaging. The content team’s work is visible for instance on our website, intranet, our social media channels, in corporate projects and presentations. The team supports the entire organization.
Role and responsibilities
As head of content you are responsible for creating a scalable digital-first content strategy that aligns with ASML’s vision and purpose, in collaboration with our other communications functions (particularly corporate, labor market and internal communications), executives and other key business units across the company.
Your team develops compelling (multimedia) stories that help our audiences understand the far reach and impact of ASML’s innovations, and influence their behavior. Your main audiences are potential and current employees. You regularly test efforts and optimize accordingly. You research and study trends to produce content that fits into the landscape while also standing out. You manage, further build and continuously develop the content team consisting of writers/editors and content producers by showing leadership behaviors consistent with our ASML company Values; Challenge, Collaborate and Care.
Reporting to the head of global communications, you will lead and further develop ASML’s content team at our headquarters in Veldhoven. The team consists of editors, (news) writers and multi-media experts (6.5 FTE in total). In addition, the team works with free-lancers who support on a regular as well as an ad hoc basis.
Your responsibilities include:
Strategy and Analytics
- Building content strategy that encompasses channel selection and focus, editorial governance, stories and metrics that unify and align business goals with great user experience
- Research and apply trends in digital communications and storytelling that increase our appeal to our target audiences
- Implementing best practice measurement and evaluation tools to monitor communication projects and the effectiveness of the communication strategy
- Developing and sharing (visual) dashboards that are used to optimize content and which support decision-making and priority setting together with Communications management team and executive leadership
Manage content including creation and distribution
- Managing the content development plans (process and schedule) during content creation, ensuring content development progresses in a timely manner on agreed timelines and quality standards
- Collaborating cross-functionally to develop content within prioritized areas
- Update, set, guard and enforce standards, processes, best practices and guidelines around creative content development to ensure that quality is retained
- Editor-in-chief for the ASML website, social channels and the global news section on our intranet
- Consult/advise (executive) stakeholders to improve
- Building a high-performing content team by showing leadership behaviors consistent with our Leadership Competence Framework, with a focus on “Developing Talent”, “Optimizing Work Processes”, “Building Effective Teams” & “Plans & Aligns
- Identifying resource gaps and taking team resource decisions
- Recruiting, onboarding, building capabilities and facilitate continuous enhancement of the team’s skills and knowledge
- Making wise use of outsourced resources as needed
- In close collaboration with the Global Communication Leadership team set the overall communication strategy with specific goals, support all departments to deliver on the strategy and safeguard a stimulating and inspiring way of working
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in communications, multi-media or journalism
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in journalism, communications or related field (editorial, digital and multimedia)
- Experience in leading a team, setting objectives in line with strategy, driving/reporting on results
- Experience in writing content for various platforms including websites, press releases and news letters
- Experience in managing the various communication channels, required content and style to ensure results from these
- Ability to translate complex (technical) content into meaningful and engaging language
- Strong stakeholder management skills − experience working with executive levels in an international environment and the ability to influence and network
- Proven ability to manage internal and external resources and implement multiple multi-media projects across geographical and business/product areas
- Strong business knowledge in semiconductor or other technical environment
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong people and stakeholder manager
- Exceptional writing and communication skills ((near) native English)
- Ability to lead creative development
- A can-do mentality − takes ownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven
- Relationship builder, collaborative team player
- Aware of cross-cultural differences
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Well organized and able to plan ahead
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be part of a large, global communications team with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, which offers inspiration and opportunities to learn and to develop yourself. Communications at ASML covers corporate communications, internal communications, branding, recruitment marketing, community engagement digital communications and content. Our communications teams are located in the Netherlands, the US, South Korea, China and Taiwan.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Please apply with your CV and cover letter detailing your interest in this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.