29 days ago - req31959
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by contributing to our successful world-class finance department? Your job is in a hectic, dynamic and international oriented environment with tight deadlines.
GE FS Statutory Reporting & Tax Compliance Korea is part of Finance function.The primary goal is to effectively and efficiently execute the external and internal reporting (US GAAP / Local GAAP) & tax compliance related processes for the ASML group entities in Korea.
Role and responsibilities
You are expected to create & maintain clear insight in the nature and background of elements (to be) reported at the level of our Korea group entities. This to arrange for a clear audit trail – with proper substantiation and specification- between our primary USGAAP books and Local GAAP financial statements / Local Tax Compliance obligations.
1) Financial Reporting
- Coordinate statutory financial reporting process for legal entities in responsible territory;
- Monitor the compliance with corporate accounting policies as well as local regulations;
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP and report to difference with USGAAP;
- Make calculation for Transfer Pricing purposes for both US GAAP and Local GAAP;
- Align with / provide input to ASML Corporate Finance Team / Tax Accounting & Tax Compliance team (The Netherlands) for periodic group reporting / consolidation purposes;
2) Audit Coordination
- Act as overall audit engagement coordinator & primary point of contact to external auditor for legal entities in responsible territory;
- Coordinate / prepare / assist in preparation of supporting documentation for statutory audit compliance;
3) Tax Support
- Monitor tax compliance obligations of entities in responsible territory and arrange for timely preparation of tax filings;
- Act as primary point of contact for providing information - for preparation of corporate income tax returns, including review of CIT fillings from a financial input perspective;
- Arrange for timely preparation of VAT filings and review VAT fillings from a financial input perspective;
- Arrange for timely preparation of other local tax filings;
- Prepare / review Country by Country Reporting information for respective legal entities;
- Facilitate / create reliable basis for tax cash planning;
- Ascertain timely identification and communication of tax risk & opportunities (e.g. use of withholding taxes / tax credits) – such in conjunction with ASML Corporate Tax Department;
- Assist in preparation of response (from a financial input perspective) to queries on tax authorities in efficient & timely manner;
Maintain / monitor tax related SOX controls;
- Interacts with all levels of management, other departments, and subsidiaries;
- Participates in process redesign, improvement, documentation, and training projects;
- Assists with special projects and analysis as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Prepare and follow up on Statutory audit, NTS audit, Custom audit and internal audit.
Education and experience- Minimum 8 years’ experience in statutory and tax reporting area (Preference: 8 – 10 years’ experience will be a strong advantage);
- KICPA (Korea Institute of Certified Public Accountants) holder as minimum 8 years’ audit experience in Big 4 or equivalent accounting experience in an international business environment is pre;
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes; Experience with automation of reporting processes in a SAP/Oracle environment and/or experience with e.g. robotics is a pre.Knowledge of / experience with applicable tax accounting rules in relation to US GAAP / IFRS / Local GAAP and related processes is a pre;
- Fluent in written & spoken English and Korean.
- Good analytical, communicative, managerial and social skills. Professional and ambitious attitude. Result oriented, team player with a big sense of responsibility;
- Capable of co-working with team members while maintaining higher level overview;
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues in other regions (Asia / Europe / US) and non-financial departments.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.