You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req32008
Competence Engineer Contamination Control
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Role and responsibilities
The contamination control competence operates as the primary authority on contamination control related topics in ASML Operations and Order Fulfilment. The complete production process of the most advanced lithography machines takes place within this sector.
The scope of the work includes ad hoc issue resolution, work preparation, supporting and advising the production engineering department, structural improvement projects, quality management and process optimization.
A summary of your responsibilities as a Competence engineer contamination control:
- Deliver timely and professional engineering support on contamination control related issues and questions. The Competence acts as a primary point of contact for internal customers such as engineers, technicians and designers.
- Drive part of our contamination control assessment program of ASML manufacturing, delivering improvement proposals to our production line, and assisting them with implementation.
- Structurally improve ongoing and new contamination control processes in terms of quality, safety, or cycle time.
- Ensure work preparation for contamination control processes meets required standards.
- Participate in cross disciplinary issues resolution and improvement projects.
- Interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a broad range of levels.
- Provide theoretical and practical training.
- Build-up and maintain state-of-art knowledge in the field of contamination control technology.
Education and experience
BSc or MSc degree in an Engineering degree or equivalent (Preferably in Applied Science or Chemical Engineering).
- Junior/Medior (3-8 years of working experience).
- Willing to develop technical skills in contamination control.
- Proficient in the English language both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Cleanroom technology.
- Knowledge of clean way of working and clean production processes.
- Knowledge of inspection and cleaning methods.
- Experience with working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with executing audits or assessments.
- Basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Takes initiative, pro-active mindset.
- Quality driven.
- Generalist/“helicopter” view.
- Willing to occasionally travel abroad.
- A drive to work in a large organization.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The position is in the Facility Engineering group, part of EF Production Support. The Production Support department is responsible for first class engineering support to ASML’s production processes.