30+ days ago - req32014
Customer Support Project Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Malta - NY, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within a specific region.
Role and responsibilities
Ensure successful service delivery and execution of projects in order to meet operational objectives and to support the US Customer Support Organization and accomplish ASML business priorities and customer commitments.
The Project Manager role resides within the US regional support organization. The key responsibilities of this role are listed below:
- As a Project Manager you are responsible to prepare successful deployments to a site and ensures site deployment issues are removed or escalated timely towards the global implementation lead and regional champion.
- He/she is responsible for the successful execution of the deployment of global solutions towards sites in the US region according to agreed timeline.
- He/she will ensure a site deployment team is initiated and setup, prepare activities for deployment to new sites.
- He/she ensures the regional champion is aligned by means of management reporting and regular interaction, with support of the regional engagement manager, and input from site implementation leads.
- The Project Manager will update global implementation lead on progress of deployment, removing barriers and escalating issues if needed.
- He/she ensures site implementation leads follow the Deployment Approach.
- Safety: Ensure all program/project solutions are assessed on safety and in such drive towards a culture of safety first.
- Stakeholder management: Ensure that you are the representative towards both; the operational teams within the region (your customers) and the CS central teams at headquarters. Key aspect to success for you is to keep the various stakeholders informed and aligned.
- Project Execution: The portfolio management team is responsible for programs and projects within the region from intake till closure. Clear progress reporting is expected from you.
- General: Optimize communication with continental and international cooperation. Implement and improve policies, processes, procedures, data base management and administrative control within the region.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in an engineering field or management, or equivalent experience.
- 3-7+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in Leadership positions.
- Experience managing programs and projects is required; Project Management certification preferred.
- Ability to oversee processes, guide initiatives and steer the project team members toward the achievement of goals.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Strong Communication & Presentation skills-communicates clearly and convincingly.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Advanced project and program management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Advanced analytic and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Position requires up to 25% travel, and the willingness to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel in US and internationally.
- The holder of this position reports to the CS US Portfolio Manager and will be located in Albany NY, Boise ID, Chandler/Phoenix AZ, or Malta NY.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.