30+ days ago - req32054
Scrum Master - EUV D&E Laser Light Generation Industrialization
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter andmore energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating,with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
Would you like to lead a highly skilled team working on the industrialization of the state-of-the-art light source modules? Then you will enjoy this position of drive laser industrialization scrum master. You will be part of the EUV laser light generation team responsible to deliver the industrialization of the light sources of ASML cutting-edge EUV scanner.
Role and responsibilities
As scrum master you are servant leader enabling the team to deliver business value in the solutions we develop and deliver, protecting the team from external interferences, resolving impediments, coaching and empowering the team to achieve its ambitions.
As an Scrum Master, you will work in an industrial engineering scrum team to deliver industrialization solutions of ASML latest source laser systems.
Key deliverables contain:
- Collaborates with the product owner
- Ensures timely delivery of committed items on the backlog of the agile team: responsible for progress and reporting of progress during execution of the quarterly plans
- Signals and removes impediments to ensure timely delivery from the scrum team
- Leads, builds and facilitates the team to become high performing: organize retrospectives and initiate team development activities together with the team
- Helps the team to be transparent and predictable in what is delivered
- Creates focus in the team by shielding them from external interferences
- Helps the people around the team to understand which interaction with the team is helpful or not
- Ensure dependencies and risks are managed by the team
- Act as a team representative towards other D&E competences, but also other sectors (as Production, Integration and Customer Support) and ensures communication and collaboration
- Guide the team to adhere to the technical way of working and secures quality by ensuring the correct processes are followed by the team
- Report on the progress of the team on weekly basis and escalate help requests which cannot be solved within the team
- Debottleneck team impediment on daily basis
- Organization and facilitation of the team rituals (planning, retrospective, demo, standups)
- Facilitate and help organizing the quarterly planning event together with the RTE and peers
- Drive with the RTE and the other scrum masters train process improvement
- Have dependencies and risks overviews and ensure they are under control
- Ensure the administration of the team work is up to date
Education and experience
MSc or PhD in the field of engineering or physics with basic knowledge of optical systems.
- 4+ years of experience in leading teams of highly skilled engineers in an high-tech industry context
- Experience in scaled agile framework (SAFe) and in JIRA software is preferred
- Experience in product development processes
- Applying principle of concurrent engineering
- Understanding and mastering triple-constraint management (scope – time – cost / quality)
- Proven track record of managing large amount of stakeholders
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
We expect you to act as a professional:
- Can-do mentality
- Embrace the core ASML values: care, collaborate, challenge
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing are a must
- Experience in reporting and presenting progress and issues
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The EUV Industrialization D&E Laser Light Generation group is part of the EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) Business Line in ASML. Its challenge is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify High Power laser systems that make EUV happen.
The holder of this position reports to the Group/Team Leader of Industrial Engineering within the EUV D&E Laser Light Generation group, operationally to the Release Train Engineer (RTE).
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.