Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req32015
Sr. Product Engineer - Optical Imaging
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our state of the art Tachyon Imaging product. This position will be in our Imaging PEG (Product Engineering Group) organization. The Product Engineering group is responsible for developing imaging application for RET and scanner imaging performance control. The team works closely with software developers, marketing, sales, operations, SQA, other PEG teams, and customers; therefore this job provides a broad exposure to the whole pictures of different products. PEG engineers play a key role in shaping and directing product growth and development. This job also provides excellent career development opportunities due to its wide work scope. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Defining use case for new product feature proof data, new feature requirements and new customer engagements based on Marketing/customer inputs
- Drafting Product Requirement Definition (PRD),
- Performing feasibility study on Imaging/Lithographic related project, leading to feature productization or IP invention
- Performing ASML scanner model integration
- Performing release testing with acceptance report, and internal/external training.
- Providing second-line support for current accounts
- Provide training to field engineers and key customers
Education and experience
- Ph.D degree or M.S. degree with 3-5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Imaging science preferred Experience in lithography or related fields
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Minimum 0-3 of Years of relevant experience
- A solid understanding of the advanced DUV and EUV imaging is required for this position.
- Clear understanding of imaging theories (Abbe, Hopkins)
- Experience in RET/OPCand rigorous simulation
- A solid understanding of the Model-Based SRAF (MB-SRAF) working principle
- In-depth understanding of how deep convolutional neural network (DCNN) work and how to optimize DCNN network.Cross validation of model from training.
- Knowledge in EUV lithography and challenges
- Chemical amplified resist, Negative tone development and resist processing
- Knowledge in optimization methods
- Familiar with ASML scanner system and the key imaging modules is a plus
- presentation and customer support skills
- Experience in wafer fabs, and direct involvementin scanner and yield management
- Direct or indirect experience in OPC (Optical Proximity Correction), including rigorous lithography simulation (Hyperlith, Prolith), RET, and advanced mask technology
- Intermediate to Advanced software programming skills a plus
- Familiar with script language, PERL, Python, Lua, and MATLAB
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and willing to support customers
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Quick learner and flexibility are key
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.