18 days ago - req32183
Competence Engineer EUV METROLOGY - Customer Support
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
ASML is a high-tech fast growing Dutch company head-quartered near Eindhoven in the Netherlands with local offices at our customers worldwide (e.g. Intel, IBM, Samsung) As market leader in the semiconductor industry ASML designs and manufactures complex lithographic systems. The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. CS Central enables effective support of the customer by providing technical knowledge and process support to the field offices.
Role and responsibilities
A role as Competence Engineer at ASML consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers;
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation;
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network;
- Bottom is a broad competency, interfacing with complex modules of the ASML equipment. This to ensure that all our subsystems work together on nanometer accuracy during wafer exposures.
Education and experience
- A Bachelor or Master degree in technical science with a clear Mechatronics mindset (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired;
- Preferably 3 years or more work experience in an engineering or customer support role. Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Analytical, Technical specialist, networker, communication, result driven, international.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.