20 days ago - req32138
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic / electrical solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
Role and responsibilities
The Architect Dynamics Electronics Applications is responsible for the following:
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, of Dynamics related electronics modules and of electrical infrastructure.
- Act as the EDEV representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software, mechanical and mechatronics department.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and planning for the various Dynamics related electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Manage the outsourced design of Dynamics related electronic modules.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the Dynamics electronics within the ASML products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Education and experience
- Education Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience in system design for state-of-the-art multidisciplinary systems and multiple years of experience as an electronics designer.
- Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of Dynamics systems.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of software, mechanics and mechatronics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated, team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Show initiative, responsibility and take ownership.
- Pro-active, high drive attitude.
- Leadership: ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Structured with eye for details.
- Accurate and problem-solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Personal authority.
- Affinity with physics, mechanics and / or mechatronics is a pre.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written (preferably also of the Dutch language).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification, and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The (EDEV) group Wafer Positioning & Dynamics Electronics is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for Wafer Positioning and Dynamics.
The architect Dynamics electronics reports to the Group Manager Wafer Positioning and Dynamics.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.