9 days ago - req32161
Field Service Engineer
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.As the world’s leading semiconductor equipment manufacturer, ASML enables chipmakers to produce cheaper, speedier chips – and to produce them faster – thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The systems we produce integrate several large and sophisticated machines, themselves each a feat of engineering innovation, precision, and speed.
We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA (EUV laser source creation).
In the Cymer Light Source (CLS) division in San Diego, we design and manufacture Deep Ultraviolet (DUV) lasers, used directly in the chipmaking process. Far from a basic “consumer” laser, these machines are complex, powerful, and flexible. The lasers we make require: durable and high-speed precise motion-controlled optics to maintain wavelength to femtometer accuracy under high laser powers; advanced materials to endure the harsh Fluorine-rich environments and high powers; clever mechanical designs to allow high performance and fit all the parts within a confined space, but still allow easy manufacturing and servicing.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
This is a night shift position, 6pm to 6am, 3 – 4 – 4 – 3 compressed work week.Must be flexible to train during day shift for 3 – 6 months after scheduled new hire laser training.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
- Maintains an assigned installation equipment base.This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment.
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
- May provide service education to customer’s service and operations staff.
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent required.Associates Degree or higher preferred, Similar Military / vocational experiences is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years of field service engineering experience required or relevant work related experience is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience is preferred.
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
- Has led one installation or significantly contributed to the successful installation of products at multiple sites.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required.
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
- Protocol, and Computer Networking.
- Effective communication, perseverance, problem solving, customer support focus and team oriented.
- Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as: background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Requires experience using the following software packages: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems, LabView, Internet.
- For regions - oral and written English language skills preferred.
- Context of the position
- Onsite field service support, troubleshooting and resolving issues.Customer support advocate, guiding customers in operation and maintenance of the system.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.