14 days ago - req32166
Senior Algorithm Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release.
Role and responsibilities
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. The development work covers most lithographic process simulation and optimization, includes but is not limited to mask optimization algorithm, geometry operations, effective full field layout handling, customer specific process requirement, etc. You will:
- Be responsible to turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules.
- Develop and test the algorithms independently.
- Maintain the current code base and support customer escalations.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- 0 to 2 years experience in C++ and/or other object-oriented software development.
- Solid understanding in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded/parallel applications.
- Familiar with SQL, UNIX environment and scripting languages.
- Experience in image processing, computational geometry, large data application, high performance computing and scientific simulation is a good plus.
- Knowledge in semiconductor lithography and IC design is a good plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.