28 days ago - req32205
Sr. Electronics Systems Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Electronics Systems Engineer is responsible for specification, conceptual design, planning, and development of electronic systems in areas of considerable scope and complexity for the industry’s leading micro-lithography systems. The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team:
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the Mechatronics Systems and Software Development departments.
- Decompose functional requirements and define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various electronics products, aligned with other stakeholders.
- Conducting system and subsystem level integration/testing, data collection, and analyzing the effectiveness of the resulting data.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the control electronics within the ASML products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members.
Education and experience
BS Engineering with a major in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
14+ years design experience or 12+ years’ with an advanced graduate degree (MS or PhD).
In-depth knowledge in the following topics:
- Electronic systems design and specification.
- Computer systems design and specification.
- System understanding of DSP implementations (both hardware and software).
- High-Speed Architectures.
Broad knowledge of electronics, including:
- Analog Circuit Design.
- Digital Circuit Design.
- Power Supplies.
- Electronics manufacturing.
Basic knowledge of:
- Physics, including Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Mechatronics and Optics.
Multiple years’ experience as designer of electronic functions and sub-systems, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Electronic Product Design (NPI).
- Digital Logic Development.
- FPGA Microcontroller Firmware.
- Motion Control Systems.
Experience in developing and modeling real-time signal processing algorithms.
Ability to support the testing & troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems to component level using standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Signal generators, etc.).
Hands-on working knowledge and experience with:
- Electronic Laboratory Equipment.
- Circuit Simulation Tools (i.e. PSpice or other).
- MATLAB or similar modeling software.
Soft skill requirements:
- Quality Focus and Ownership Mentality–desire to deliver top quality at the right cost, right time.
- Strong English Communication Skills–both written and oral.
- Experience working in a project-oriented team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven technical mentorship skills.
Technical Presentation Skills:
- Experience presenting to executive leadership.
- Ability to provide technical arguments to influence direction.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located onsite in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.