19 days ago - req32286
System Performance Engineer
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices.As part of ASML, we will boost ASML’s holistic lithographic portfolio of (i) lithography exposure systems, (ii) computational lithography and (iii) metrology. Between these three cornerstones ASML offers application products for process window enhancement, control and detection.We are located in the heart of San Jose and growing!
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This position is within the D&E Department, which is responsible is for the specification, design, implementation, integration, testing and optimizing of the ASML HMI’s E-beam inspection and metrology products. ASML-HMI Hardware Engineering group in Performance & Integration Department is focusing on the system hardware related performance verification, optimization and improvement of the Scanning Electronic Microscopy (SEM) machines, and solving system level performance issues and challenges. On this role, the (Sr.) Performance Engineer / Architect will work on system performance investigation and optimization with data and models, including system hardware status monitoring, hardware evaluation with prediction, hardware related performance optimization with data processing and learning algorithms, and system level performance issue diagnostics.
More details are as follows:
- Catch up the ASML way of working (WoW) and processes.
- Align with cross-projects and cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on time deliverables and adherence to ASML means and methods
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on assigned project status
- Able to establish a solid baseline plan on D&E deliverables and adapt to changes either to scope, timing and resources and feedback the impact to upper management
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with program management and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Respond to requests for changes with impact assessment and secure program agreements before accepting changes
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Manage risks and internal/external customer requirements
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross sector alignment and agreements
- Work with architects to define the project scope, assess and address technical risk, and required budget
- Understand proper escalation paths and act accordingly
- Is able to assess and address technical risk based on inputs from architects and engineers
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- Job description subject to change at any time
Education and experience
Master’s degree with 3 yrs or more experience; or Bachelor's degree with 5 yrs or more experience in engineering or related field
- Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Scanning E-beam Microscopy (SEM) metrology/inspection related experience
- Experience with electro-optics theory, design, simulation and experiments
- Semiconductor equipment performance monitoring/data-processing/diagnostics/ optimization related industrial work experience
- Experience with any industrial equipment system level performance investigation
- Good background on sensor-based (accelerometer, magnetic sensor, acoustic sensor, etc.) measurement and analysis for mechanical equipment or precision system
- Experience with stage/fluid/thermal control systems and dynamics analysis
- Good experience on physics-based modeling or data-based modeling, simulation, module or system level identification, or prototype investigation with experiments
- Relevant experience on data engineering, familiar with artificial intelligent algorithms, machine learning and digital platform is a good plus
- Demonstrated experience with new product introduction
- Experienced in leading complex hardware development projects
- Solid skills on Scanning E-beam Microscopy (SEM) metrology/inspection tool operation
- Good skills on data processing/analysis and physics-based modeling using related tools;
- Good skills on MATLAB/Python/C++/C; familiar with NX/Solidworks, NI measurement tools, and ANSYS/ COMSOL is a good plus
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads. Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with managers, co-workers and customer. Ability to work with multiple discipline projects in a global environment
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.