Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req32367
Chief of Staff
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to define high-level strategies in a high-tech company? And are you challenged by delivering strategic policies, leading and facilitating organizational projects and processes, and executing strategic initiatives with a team of senior stakeholders?
If so, then this job within ASML could be your path to drive clarity and improvements amidst the complexity of ASML in the heart of Finance in the Expert Advisory team (EA), where critical decisions are made.
Role and responsibilities
The Chief of Staff EA is a new position within our ASML EA team. This position reports to the EA leadership team consisting of the Corporate Chief Accountant, Corporate Treasurer, Head of Tax and Deputy General Counsel Corporate & Compliance. As Chief of Staff EA you are responsible for supporting the strategic decision making of this leadership team and act as their ‘right hand’ by providing insight from the wider Finance organization to the leadership team, and implementing the EA-strategy and Roadmap initiatives.
You will closely collaborate and connect with the wider Finance team and its stakeholders. You will get the opportunity to develop yourself and broaden your scope across the various Finance clusters and business lines of ASML.
- Support the EA-leadership team in defining the shortlist of strategic topics for EA to answer broad business and technology trends, and prioritize and translate these topics into a roadmap of strategic initiatives;
- Develop and set strategic policies that set boundaries and direction to ensure effective realization of general objectives and efficient spend of EA budget;
- Frame arguments and facilitate constructive discussions with on the spot problem-solving to enable effective decision making of executives;
- Oversee and direct long-term development plans to increase EA organizational efficiency;
- You will be responsible for processes and reporting that enable transparency and fact-based decision making with respect to organizational design and business priorities;
- You ensure that processes and data are properly analyzed and follow-up actions are executed and you guide and challenge decision makers to make prompt and constructive decisions;
- You manage the EA portfolio of (change) projects and initiatives, coordinate and drive priority setting of initiatives and projects”;
- You prepare and facilitate the EA leadership team meetings and follow up on agreed actions.
Education and experience
- Experience in a corporate expertise role in Finance (either accounting, treasury or tax) or Legal;
- University degree (MSc);
- More than 7 - 10 years of relevant working experience;
- Project- and portfolio management experience;
- Experience working with a complex stakeholder landscape is preferred (e.g. acting as trustedadvisor and thought partner to senior managers and/or executives).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Affinity for technology
- Strong analytical skills with pragmatic attitude
- Highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and a good communicator
- Strong stakeholder management, able to align opposite objectives
- Organizational sensitivity
- Strategic/Business mindset
- Can-do mentality
- Can work with tight deadlines and ad-hoc requests
- Strong presentation skills
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Chief of Staff will functionally report into the EA-leadership team, hierarchically to one of the EA leadership team member
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.