30+ days ago - req32391
Data Science Internship: Create a Data Model showing System Integration data elements
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Data science, Other technical job categories
Are you a master or bachelor student with an educational background in Data science, Data management and Analytics,Business information Technology/Systems or Business Analytics? Are you experienced with System modelling and have an analytical mindset? Then this internship could be interesting for you!
At System Integration, we define and drive the strategy for verifying and releasing product configurations. In order to keep track of scope, plan, risks, test results, and many other things we use various “System Integration Data elements”. To prepare for a product configuration release we need good insight in all this data to give a solid and data-supported release advice, which is currently a non-systematic, manual, and error-prone effort.
During this internship you will be expected to:
- Create an overview / data model showing which System Integration Data elements are used;
- Find where they are stored, how they are/can be connected for systematic re-use in our SI processes;
- Identify problem areas where a lot of manual effort is wasted on combining / comparing this data;
- Propose how to improve that, potentially using some prototype tooling to show improved usage and navigation through all this System Integration Data.
- You are a master or bachelor student with an educational background in Data science, Data management and Analytics, Business information Technology/Systems or Business Analytics;
- You are willing to gain work experience;
- You have knowledge in Data/Process modeling and/or Process optimization;
- You are experienced with System modelling;
- You have an analytical mindset;
- You are available to do an internship for approximately 3 days a week with a duration of a minimum 4 months.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €500 (plus a possible housing or travel allowance), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 29,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?