20 days ago - req32383
D&E - Mechanical Design Engineer - Tainan
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
- ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography/E-beam inspection machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
- Mechanical design for machine and manufacture bench from concept to function delivery in ASML way of working.
- Trouble shooting and solution finding for factory and customer related to mechanical issues.
- Finite element analysis and optimum design on structural, thermo, flow and vibration.
- To develop and document mechanical designs for e-beam inspection systems/subsystems from concept to final release.
- To design and modify parts or large scale assemblies using Solidworks/NX.
- To come out related document for manufacturing.
- To define test plans, perform testing and write test reports.
- To transfer design to manufacturing providing necessary documents and trainings.
- To work with outside vendors and consultants to develop, analyze and fabricate components and sub-assemblies.
- To analyze technical issues, to find out root cause and provide practical improvement plan.
- To provide engineer change document and complete process on time.
- To effective communicate with other departments and co-work with other stakeholders all over the world.
- To provide technical support for production and field service engineer.
- To use finite element analysis for structural, thermo, flow and vibration issues and find solutions.
Education and experience
Master(and above)degree in one of following fields
-CAE or FEA engineer
-Other engineering related dept.
Two years or above working experience in mechanical or automation relative design will be preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Need have good understanding of physics and mechanics.
- 2D/3D CAD Mechanical design software ability. Solidworks/NX is preferred.
- Knowledge with material and material selection, manufacturing and cleaning processes used for making components for E-beam inspection systems.
- Teamwork spirit with team members.
- Good communication skill with stakeholders in work.
- Excellent written skill in work related document.
- Be able to read and interpret data, information and document.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of mechanical, electro-mechanical modules, and related system interfaces for capital equipment tools is preferred.
Specializing in one or more of following fields would be a plus
- With experience of finite element analysis in vibration/structure(ANSYS)/thermo/flow(Comsol)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Location in HMI Tainan office.
- Partial time need to work in clean room.
- Travel to US San Jose for a period(Less than 3 months) on a project basis task if required.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.