Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
14 days ago - req32376
Engineering IT Services – FPGA Application Support Expert
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machine that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster,is creating a lot of focus on the area of Electronics Development at ASML. In our department of IT Solution Delivery- Hardware engineering we are looking for an experienced IT Application Expert who likes working in a multidisciplinaryteam and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Role and responsibilities
You will be part of the Hardware Engineering Agile Release Train (ART) consisting of more than 50 people, in 5 agile teams staffed with a mix of IT and D&E Application Experts.
- 3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services.
- Analyze business processes to understand questions from the business.
- Review, select and deploy new (versions of) EDA tools, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area.
- Execute non-standard changes and projects for supported Engineering IT Services and related applications according ITIL process and/or Agile development process.
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering and help to solve these requests.
- Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team.
- Deliver expert support on IT services based on Windows and Linux; Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Education and experience
Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- At least 3 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-SW, mixed HW development environments.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular FPGA / ASIC design related applications.
- Understanding and practical experience with:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell scripting, (bash, csh, ksh, sh), Perl, TCL, Python, VBS, Makefiles …)
- Knowledge of programming
- Development environments
- Automated Build Pipeline (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Data Management Systems (GIT, SVN)
- Affinity with IT Infrastructure (Unix/Linux/Widows Servers, Databases, Virtualization techniques)
- MS Office applications.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Shows initiative, strong analytical skills and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Highly motivated team player, good social skills, service and customer-oriented
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.