You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req32321
Production Planner - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Do you get excited about taking ownership for the planning of a part of a factory in order to secure timely shipment of our most advanced lithography systems? Do you have an education in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration and good organizational and analytical skills? We are looking for a candidate who is good at solving complex planning problems to achieve ASML's business target including the commercial product output and customer service requirement by the most efficient and economical way.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The sector Manufacturing within the Wilton Factory (WF) is responsible for the production of EXE, NXE, DUV, and APPS systems. The Production Planner reports to the Manager Planning and works closely with Manufacturing (workstream owners, operators and TLs/GLs), Sourcing & Supply Chain Management, Material Handling, Warehouse and Production Logistics teams.
Production Planning is responsible for the transformation of our Masterplan (MPS) into a feasible production plan for all production equipment, monitoring production progress, working with manufacturing personnel, ensuring that all logistical requirements will be fulfilled in time and in the most cost efficient way.
- Supports the Shift Planning department, working within and understanding the production process, plant procedures, equipment capabilities and flow of goods within the facility by providing ready to execute detailed plans based on all constraints, actual work in progress and buffer status on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the planning, monitoring and adjustment of production activities so that the agreed production plan is realized with optimized work-in-progress and stock levels.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Knowledge of queuing theory to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of multi-stage production lines.
- Manage and prioritize production capacity across various business lines.
- Balance and level load capacity sources, managing buffers and optimizing production batch sizes.
- Initiate Insource–Outsource decisions to optimize utilization.
- Manage material availability for planned production activities, deal with shortages and define structural improvements to prevent material issues in the future.
- Roll-up of production progress towards monthly masterplan updates, pro-actively identify risks and create scenarios for decision-making regarding plan optimization.
- Align facilities, manufacturing equipment, tooling and resource plan with capacity requirements and drive timely decision making for capacity extension.
- Correct plan levelling, batch sizing and capacity utilization, in the most efficient and cost effective way and against the optimum use of critical resources.
- Knowledge of different planning parameters (e.g. safety time, safety stock) to be able to adjust planning methodology when production environment is changing.
- Initiate and provide input to improve cycle times and delivery processes within the factory.
- Secure logistic requirements during engineering change process and execution to secure an optimal implementation in the factory.
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree required.(Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration, preferred.Or equivalent experience.
- Experience in planning and logistic processes within manufacturing environment.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience in driving change.
- Knowledge of SAP or another ERP system.
- Team player with good social and communication skills who is able to achieve personal and team goals.
- Assertive and proactive attitude in order to prevent and solve issues on time.
- Self-reliant planner who shows ownership and is able to make decisions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Flexible and highly committed to contribute to the targets of Wilton Factory.
- Ability to plan and set priorities (time management).
- Entrepreneur who has creativity and persuasiveness to make the impossible happen.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.