30 days ago - req32341
System Software Integrator - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you a hard-working and results-oriented software engineer? Do you have a passion for programming and working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations? Then read on!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a System Software Integrator, you will be in charge of aligning the software deliverables during pre-integration (software-only) to full system integration of hardware (mechanical and electrical). Additionally, you will work closely with the production team to ensure timely delivery of new software patches as well as debugging and unblocking software during machine integration. This role requires organizational, project planning, and personal skills. The team's success is dependent on getting the new hardware into place and determining if a hardware or software fault is blocking.
Your stakeholders are the project leaders and functional architects. Your customer is the production team.
- Create and maintain System Software integration plan.
- Hold weekly meetings with stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Coordinate deliverables between functional & software teams.
- Maintain production test rigs & production software branches.
- Recommend & release new software patches to production team.
- Qualify & coordinate rollout of new software service packs.
- Maintain software test claim requirements and perform software testing.
- Maintain active communication link between software team in Taiwan.
- Configure PCs for building new HW.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with developers coding in C, C++ or C# is a plus (C# preferred).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Windows OS and Software configuration.
- Understanding of what drives software deliverables (SDLC expertise).
- Be able to work with stakeholders to drive to a common solution.
- Understand both the sense of urgency and attention to high quality.
- Work well with team leads, program and group managers.
- Knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in embedded software development is a plus.
- Understanding of software development methods is a plus.
- Thinks creatively, out of the box, self-starting, fast learner, good coder and designer.
- Ability to take action to resolve issues quickly.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, customer focused and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.