30+ days ago - req32458
Computer Science | Software Engineering Internship: Architectures for high performance algorithms
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
Are you a bachelor or master student with an educational background in Computer Science or Software Engineering? Do you have knowledge in C++ and object-oriented design? Then this internship could be interesting for you!
This is a software internship within the metrology measure department of ASML. This department develops software subsystems that help customer expose the patterns precisely on the silicon wafer. To keep the precision continuously at nanometer level, various models are applied at different phases of the process. These models are considered as the brain of the ASML scanner. With this assignment, we want to explore and implement possible solutions to improve/optimize the wafer alignment execution architecture, thus it is able to accommodate more complex models/algorithms within available time.
The first step of the assignment is to understand the existing Wafer Alignment (WA) software architecture and determine a performance benchmark for it. Therefore:
- Collect WA related performance requirements;
- Measure and analyze performance of the current WA software architecture implementation.
During the second step you are expected to:
- Investigate alternative solutions to cope with the situation ,where these performance requirements cannot be met;
- Design and implement a proof-of-concept of the proposed execution architecture. Possible technologies: OpenMP, GPU/CUDA programming.
- You are a bachelor or master student with an educational background in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- You are a student looking to do your graduation project, or a master student who wants to gain work experience;
- You have knowledge in C++ and object-oriented design;
- You have affinity for optimizing software performance and eagerness to explore and find best solutions;
- The English language is required, both written and verbally;
- You have willingness to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team with strong drive for software quality;
- You are able to do a full-time internship with a duration of 6 months.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €500 (plus a possible housing or travel allowance), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 29,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?