You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Cost Engineer Electronics
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Electrical engineering, Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
As Manufacturing Expert & Engineer you create more design to cost opportunities and drive cost down effectiveness during design and supplier cost down performances? Apply for Cost Engineer Expert to strengthen the Cost Engineering competence in Veldhoven.
Role and responsibilities
- Expert to go to for electronics design to cost, manufacturing engineering, manufacturability & costs.
- Drive down Cost of Goods (components, connectivity cable bundles, PCBA’s, power boxes, safety boxes, electronical cabinets, computer systems, other electronics) by influencing design on manufacturability & costs and technical cost validations at our Suppliers.
- Early defining of Manufacturing Process Flows for manufacturability & Product Cost calculations during design.
- Product Cost estimations and calculations during early designs and mature products.
- High experience with electronic vendor components market costs word wide.
- Provide adequate transparency in Product Costing for both Technical costs and Business uplifts.
- Create more cost down opportunities through deepen assessments of Factory Standard Costs for volume price agreements and simulate Supplier & Supply Chain Costs opportunities in this way.
- Collaborate with: Development & Engineering competences, Value engineering, Sourcing and Supply Chain Engineering.
Education and experience
- High end electronics manufacturing (Middle and High School), Industrial Engineer degree.
- 10 – 25 years’ experience and practices of electronics manufacturing like PCBA’s (surface mount technology), cable assembly & connectivity, electronic cabinets assembly
- Qualification and testing of power cabinets, mains-, safety-, motion control boxes, computer systems, electronic layout cabinets and high-end sensor & encoder systems.
- Knowledge of vendor components, commercial of the shelf components and life cycle management of these components.
- Understand supplier and supply chain (advanced) manufacturing capabilities and preferable their financial value stream and costs. Working in design teams, supplier account teams and collaborate with our suppliers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Determine manufacturing strategies and create product costing of electronics designs based on optimum serial and volume manufacturing effects.
- Drive faster learning curve effects and cost down.
- Has excellent: analytical and simulation skills for product costs and supplier Factory Standard Cost scenarios.
- Professional communication and convincing skills. Experiences on reporting cost validations, opportunities and risks.
- Proactive member of design and supplier account teams.
- Understand driving pro-active feedback taken and network builder.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.