Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
today - req32408
Electronics Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Electrical Engineer provides expertise to deliver electronic and electrical designs throughout the entire development process. Conceptional design through detail design, prototypes through volume manufacturing, initial integration through qualification. You will collaborate with a multidisciplined project team on the electrical infrastructure, perform engineering analysis, generate detailed electronic designs, create engineering drawings/documents and partner with suppliers. The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
Role and responsibilities
Specify & design all aspects of electronic development:
- Analog, Digital and Programmable Logic Circuit Design.
- Schematic Capture.
- AC and DC Power Distribution Systems.
- Interconnect Cables and Harnessing.
- Electronic Racks, Cabinets, Boxes and Control Consoles.
- Printed Circuit Boards–PCB Signal and Power Integrity.
- Test & Troubleshoot Electronic Systems to Component Level.
- Testing Validation and Verification (V&V) of Requirements.
- Write Technical Documents, Specifications, Test Procedures, Test Reports.
Education and experience
- BS Engineering with a major in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Graduate Degree (MS or PhD), or 2+ years of relevant design experience
Required technical skills:
- Circuit Analysis.
- Technical Writing.
Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools:
- Electronic Design Automation.
- E-CAD (preferably Mentor Graphics xDX/xPCB Designer).
- Circuit Simulation Tools (i.e. PSpice or other).
- Electronic Laboratory Equipment.
Soft skill requirements:
- Strong English communication skills–both written and oral.
- Experience working in a project-oriented team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is located onsite in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.