You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software QA Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Data science
Introduction to the job
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our state of the art products. This position will be in our Platform SQA (Software Quality Assurance) organization. The Platform SQA is responsible for designing, creating and writing Test Plan Specification (TPS) for new features, automating the test cases for on-going regression testing with advanced test framework and scripting languages. The team works closely with software developers, marketing, PEG, PL, other SQA teams, and HPC admins; therefore this job provides a broad exposure to whole pictures of different products. This job also provides excellent career development opportunities thanks to its wide work scope.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the Platform SQA team, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing software test plan and test cases that are leading the way in assuring high quality of ASML’s world-class product. You will be challenged with high skill quality testing methodologies in concurrent computing software architecture environment. You will have the opportunity to work with software developers, hardware engineers and the application engineering organization on a regular basis.
oVery strong understanding of software lifecycle and quality engineering methodology
oDetail-oriented, process-driven, demonstrate good capability to create test plan and test cases with high functionality requirement coverage
oExcellent hands-on experience to work in Unix/Linux and Windows env
oProficient programming skills in any scripting language(s) to perform test automation
oContribute as individual contributor in a strong team both on shore and off shore
Education and experience
- PhD, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience in commercial software product development and/or testing
- Good understanding of operating system, relational database, concurrent computing, client/server architecture, network protocols, and file system management
- Experience with high performance computing architecture and compute resource management
- Knowledge of shell scripting and one or more of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, Tcl
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and innovative thinking
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.
- Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.