Teamlead Manufacturing – System Performance DUV
In a nutshell
Other technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
Do you have a hands-on mentality and are you always eager to find ways to improve? Do you aspire to work in a high-tech industrial environment to enable the future of tomorrow? Would you like to play a role in ASML's complex manufacturing processes? Then we are looking for you!
We are looking for multiple team leads for the System Performance (SP) team in a 5-shift schedule. You will work two mornings from 07:00 am to 15:30 pm, two evenings from 15:00 pm – 23:30 pm and two night shifts from 23:00 pm to 7:30 am. After that you are free for 4 days.
Role and responsibilities
The System Performance department is responsible for qualifying and testing ASML's DUV lithography systems. The department consists of more than 130 technicians, led by several team leads and a group leader. In the role of team lead, your task is to lead and inspire a diverse group of engineers that works towards a common goal. You will be focusing on managing the production process in order to realize the planned targets and objectives in terms of e.g. Customer Satisfaction, Delivery, Quality and Efficiency/Costs. Additionally you will lead organizational change by supporting the implementation of the Lean principles. An integral part of this task is the initiation/roll out of structural improvement projects.
Your job will include:
- People management; including selection, development, goal setting and performance management (Ensuring an overall high level of engagement in your team).
- Enabling a self-supporting, collaborative teams.
- Being a role model with regard to the lean leadership principles.
- Ensuring that team members are trained and follow the standard ASML business processes, quality standards and safety standards.
- Keeping day to day and long term resource planning in line with demand, following market dynamics.
- Providing backup for a manager or peer TL.
- Supporting and motivating your team members.
- Facilitating and stimulating an environment for continuous improvement aiming at raising quality, decreasing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Driving problem solving and priority setting within your team.
- Ensuring Operational Excellence in manufacturing.
- Leading the change by executing the implementation of the lean transformation roadmap.
- Responding to any problem, raised by natural team members of customers.
- Supporting New Product Introductions (NPI's).
- Setting norms, standards and driving process adherence.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders.
Education and experience
We are looking for candidates with a relevant (technical) bachelor or master degree with multiple years of experience (at least 5 years) in leading a team. Additionally you have a good understanding of ASML business needs and can use your operations management experience to your advantage. Lastly you have excellent communicational abilities and can use English (written and verbally) with ease.
Together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Demonstrate leadership skills through being a role model (walk the talk).
- Inspire, empower and motivate people.
- Coach/ teach skills and make use of 'Servant Leadership.'
- Build and develop high performance teams.
- Be visibly present on the shop floor on a daily basis.
- Make use of excellent communication skills.
- Receive and give feedback regularly.
- Maintain a result oriented attitude.
- Empathy and the ability to easily connect with people from all backgrounds and cultures.
- Perform under pressure.
- Use pragmatic problem solving.
- In everything you do, you treat the organization 'as your own' by accepting your responsibility to care for your area of expertise.
- You always consider those immediately before and after your team in the 'value chain'.
- You establish meaningful relationships with partners, suppliers and customers in our ecosystem, where each party accepts and trusts the other's expertise.
- You focus on delivering agreed upon output, take responsibility and make sustainable decisions.
- You know how to delegate to others.
- You build and develop a diverse team of people with a range of perspectives and backgrounds.
- You own and provide a clear case for change and support your team to overcome barriers.
- You take up the responsibility of translating ASML's strategy into clear vision, direction, shared mindset and clear goals for your team.
- As a leader you facilitate the celebration of success and express your appreciation.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Please be aware that this is a position in a 5-shift schedule. You will work two mornings from 07:00 am to 15:30 pm, two evenings from 15:00 pm – 23:30 pm and two night shifts from 23:00 pm to 7:30 am. After that you are free for 4 days.
An application with CV and a cover letter stating your motivation for this role is appreciated.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.