30+ days ago - req32686
Competence Manager Workplace
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Introduction to the job
The responsibility of the Competence Manager Workplace Concepts is to develop and assure the best workplace
solutions for ASML. Key aspect of this role is to understand workstyles and workplace needs and to translate these
to a practical guide for workplace solutions and workplace management within ASML. All of this based on and
executed within CRE’s strategic pillars (Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability).
The Competence Manager Workplace Concepts is responsible for a globally aligned workplace concept approach
based on the strategic pillars.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop a standardized workplace experience book that leaves room for customization and local best
practices. A one-fits-all approach will not work, flexibility and continuous development and innovation is
necessary to derive the optimal guidelines for ASML.
- A leading role in the tender processes for furniture suppliers. Act as the content owner of the workplace
experience book and select the optimal workplace elements, in compliance with aspects like costs, quality,
- Strong stakeholder management; be continuously aligned with and informed about developments in our
business and the changing needs. Connect with business stakeholders and CRE Business Partners in order
to understand what ASML employees need in order to excel in their work.
- Continuously develop and deliver innovative and future-proof workplace concepts, contributing to the
strategic objectives of ASML (f.e. in the attraction of talent). Be ahead of developments in order to deliver
solutions that are fit for the future.
- Manage a complex field of stakeholders and in particular manage various interests, and be able to explain
and deliberate the necessity of the guidelines set by you as the leading expert.
-As conceptual owner responsible for the workplace concept standards within ASML. This responsibility
entails the development of the workplace experience (as perceived by ASML employees) and the related
framework with guiding principles and the design book. All of this is developed taking into account
aspects like risks, costs, quality etc and CRE pillars.
- Plan, drive and support the implementation of new or changed workplace concepts according to the
framework and design book and support local colleagues in the translation to their local situation.
- Responsible to design, develop, maintain and innovate the workplace experience book as the global
standard for workplace experiences.
- Initiate global knowledge and good practice sharing and (if applicable) standardize worldwide together with
-. Support colleagues from other sites in workplace design reviews or (feasibility) studies and if required give
advice about tailored solutions.
- Develop the (long term) workplace concept strategy.
- Issue advice at request or at own initiative to management and ensure the implementation and follow up
leading to optimal workplace concepts.
- Initiate projects to upgrade or improve certain aspects of the workplace concept in order to meet
requirements from the business, changing performance, regulations or changing policies and deliver input
- Responsible for the correct specifications and supplier selection for all the elements of the workplace
design book, in cooperation with procurement.
- Participate in housing and new building projects, defining the high level user requirements, specifications for
workplace solutions and acceptance criteria.
- Give input for CAPEX and OPEX budgets and generate correct budget estimates for projects.
- Support (design) projects by validating designs and participate in the commissioning of projects in order to
ensure compliance with guiding principles and design book.
- Play a role in feasibility studies or advisory role at other sites/locations of ASML.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Facility Management or similar
- At least 7-10 years of similar experience in office workplace concepts and workplace management
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strategic thinking & innovation
- Stakeholder management
- Drives results and decision-making processes
- Strong customer focus
- Communicative and advisory skills
- Thinks and plans ahead
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Position in the value chain:
CRE works with several key suppliers for its hard services (asset and building maintenance) and soft services. The
key suppliers manage a range of the operational and tactical activities. CRE acts as (strategic) demand organization
towards the expertise parties by providing the (output)specifications and to ensure that delivered solutions are in
compliance with specifications, performance targets and ASML conditions.
Other relevant organizational aspects:
CRE is positioned within ASML as a global matrix organization. CRE Strategic Housing & Workplace Experience
therefore is responsible for the workplace experience of ASML worldwide. Local CRE teams are responsible for
the local application and (daily) management and execution of CRE processes in compliance with (global)
Please make sure to apply with a recent resume and cover letter, applications without a cover letter will not be processed.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.