13 days ago - req32629
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Maximizing yield, manufacturing speed, efficiency and reliability are among the key parameters for customers in high-volume chip manufacturing. Business Line Applications (BL Apps) extends ASML holistic lithography solutions by developing products that work alongside our lithography systems, in order to help them performing better and improving the patterning process.
BL Apps supports several manufacturing process steps in our customers’ fabs, from R&D to mass production. The portfolio of products includes metrology, inspection, computational lithography, data analytics and control software to quickly and accurately measure, optimize and control overlay and imaging performance on silicon wafers.
ASML’s Applications products are critical elements in the semiconductor manufacturing process.
Role and responsibilities
The proto Integrator (PI) works closely with the Project Leader to plan and drive the execution of system integration activities, the so called High Level Integration Step (HLIS) packages on the proto Systems.
You interface with D&E Project/Team leaders, Proto Engineers, System Test Engineers andProject Integrators.
Overall responsibility is to manage the pre-requisites for the HLIS packages and to deliver and qualify an optimized HLIS sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials and other prerequisites. The Proto Integrator will report daily progress/delays and escalate issues as they surface.
Daily management of proto integration:
- Maintain a daily plan for a couple of proto systems based on the overall integration plan and test claims from development projects.
- Define milestones and deliverables with the team of proto engineers and make sure these are met.
- Manage the execution of the daily plan: set priorities and adjust plan in case of disturbances.
- Strong interaction with the delivering development projects is required. Often this is a combined effort with a System Test Engineer (who maintains an overview of functional dependencies).
- Procure tools and parts required to perform the planned integration tasks.
- Create and maintain a forward looking mid-term proto integration plan in line with the product development master plan.
- Maximize the utilization of the proto systems.
- Manage improvements in the cleanroom (e.g. safety).
- Make sure all issues found on proto systems are properly diagnosed and reported
- Chase and implement solutions.
- Chair product integration issue management meeting
Machine performance and configuration control:
- Plan the hardware and software configuration of the proto system over time.
- Manage differences between configuration-to-be-built and configuration-as-build by frequent implementation of engineering changes through upgrades
- Make sure the correct procedures and recoveries are available to bring the machine to the specified performance level.
Drive content of integration:
- know the content of the integration steps to be executed at the system. Drive the progress of integration with technical knowhow and report on progress to stakeholders.
Education and experience
- BSc/MSc in electronics/physics/mechatronics
- Proven background of at least 3-5 years in relevant multidisciplinary technical working environment
- Knowledge of system integration competences, e.g. dependency planning in V-model and complex system troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Experience with leading a team and/or small projects
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- High degree of autonomy, proactive and pragmatic attitude
- A real team player with a quality orientation
- Able to plan and prioritize
- Coaching, leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting
- Flexible and stress-resistant: be able to deal with changes in an uncertain and dynamic environment
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The position is in the System Integration group within the AD DE Process Window Detection Software Department in the business line Applications.
The System Integration group is part of D&E (Design and Engineering) and responsible for the integration of modules into a proto system and prove that the system can meet the specifications. Proto systems are used to verify the design concept at system level, which includes hardware and software. The end goal is to find all issues before the new system is pilot, i.e. in the factory and at the customer.
Project management, planning, system integration, proto systems, system maintenance, hardware, software, mechanics, multi-disciplinary, testing, semiconductor industry, high-tech
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.