14 days ago - req32703
Design Engineer DUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The DUV Optical Column department is responsible for developing the optical systems that are used for projecting an ic-design layer onto the wafer. The department is divided into multiple groups each of which works in its own specialist subsystem / area.
Role and responsibilities
- During customer escalations, analysis the problem and defines containment and solution, on site if needed.
- Specifies, designs and makes tests for system qualification, testing tools and materials needed; supervises the making of models and prototypes and carries out the optical tests and adapts the design accordingly.
- Maintains close contact with suppliers of optical components with respect to technical specifications and usage demands.
- Ensures the modularity, reparability and serviceability of the designs and control loops.
- Drives the integration of the improvements of optical sub-system and control models into ASML products, analyses the problems, and drives solutions (CR/CSR).
Education and experience
Technical University Master’s in physics or equivalent.
Experience with Matlab and data analysis. Experience in the field of high-tech system development. Broad knowledge of optical systems and system control algorithms.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, discipline, decisiveness, team spirit.
- Can deal with and enjoys the dynamics of solving customer escalations.
- Analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude.
- Ability to switch between in-depth technology and pragmatic problem solving.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Preference goes to a candidate with ambitions to grow to project or people management roles.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.