30+ days ago - req32775
Senior design engineer - metrology application
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Chemistry & materials science, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML HMI brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop metrology machines, as well as computational lithography and control software products. The HMI metrology design engineer is responsible for application development by high resolution e-beam systems, providing holistic control solution for advanced nodes in semi-conductor industries.
Role and responsibilities
In your role you will:
- define and discuss the specification and qualification of e-beam metrology function to meet EUV qualification requirements;
- interact with Development & Engineering (D&E) groups in Veldhoven (VHV), the Netherlands on metrology function requirements;
- be responsible for new feature implementation and qualification;
- generate effective and creative solutions during project supports, enabling efficient performance evaluation and trouble-shooting;
- bring VHV project learning back to product team at San Jose, United States, driving solution for performance improvement;
- need to travel internationally approximately 10%.
Education and experience
In this role you need:
- a master degree or higher (PDEng or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical engineering, Material Science or Chemical Engineering;
- a minimum of 3 years of semiconductor process technology, data science, control theory, and/or design for experiments in the semiconductor industry;
- hands-on experience on material analysis, e-beam metrology or lithography application is preferred;
- to be able to operate data visualization tool, including Excel Marco, JMP and/or Spotfire;
- script level programming skills like MATLAB, Python and/or C++.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate with counterparts efficiently on project work;
- Great team player to drive product development with stakeholders.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: Semiconductors, Lithography, Metrology, e-beam
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.