20 days ago - req32719
Software Design Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you a hard working and results-oriented software engineer? Do you have a passion for programming and working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations? Then read on!
The mission of the Software Engineer is to enable our customers to have the highest value possible from our machines. This includes building quality code to control the systems we ship, providing timely investigation of issues that are affecting our customers, and working together providing even better systems in the future!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a Software Design Engineer, your responsibility includes:
- Working in a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever-increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology.
- Using Agile methodology to develop the software using C and/or C++ and Python.
- Creating architecture and designs that are modular, scalable, robust and meet customer requirements.
- Perform unit testing and on target testing to ensure the software meets the high-quality standards our customers expect.
- Evaluation of technical issues, risks, and dependencies for projects.
- Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders to gather a complete understanding of their requirements.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
You will also participate in continuous process improvement activities aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout software development lifecycle are increasing the team’s ability to develop high quality software in the most efficient manner.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with three (3) years of relevant work experience, or equivalent experience.
- Degree/experience in:
- Computer Science.
- Software Engineering.
- Required technical skills: proficiency in the C or ++ language.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools: such as ClearCase, Jira, Bash.
- Soft skill requirements: strong English communication skills, both written and oral, ability to influence others, strong collaboration skills.
- Preferred experience writing unit test or auto tests using Python or googletest.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
This position is located onsite in Wilton, CT. It requires an onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, training and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.