You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Architect / System Engineer Research
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical leadership capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Role and responsibilities
ASML Research is looking for a Senior and broad developed Research Architect/ System Engineer. You will be technical responsible for Research feasibility studies including building demonstrators or protos of future ASML products or modules of products. Your will work closely together with a Research Project Leader who has the responsibility for the organizational and financial part of the project.
You lead and give technical direction to the multi-disciplinary project team towards the feasibility and deliverables which are aligned with internal customers and stakeholders. You have a broad technical knowledge in one or more of the below mentioned fields The typical teams consists of project leader, architect, experimentalist, analysts and designers from both internal and external parties. Together with the Project Leader and the rest of theteam you identify and monitor the major (technical) feasibility risks and determine and execute the strategy to mitigated these.
Your work will include:
- Maintaining technical overview for the concepts, available within and outside the company.
- Leading the idea generation and development new concepts for the next generation ASML tools or modules of tools.
- Ensure close connection and communication with Systems Engineering and Development organization for specifications and roadmaps.
- Technical lead of researchers in the project.
- Prepare technical presentations and produce high quality technical reports (PIR/TAR)
- Contribute to the review of internal documents produced by fellow colleagues.
- Contribute in developing new ideas/concepts in the form of invention disclosures.
Education and experience
Masters and/or PhD degree in Mechanics, Mechatronics, Physics, Material Science, Electronics, Surface Chemistry or Chemistry, with 10+ years of relevant work experience. Next to being expert in one of the above mentioned fields,general knowledge of at least one of the other fields is required.
- Proven track record on technical leadership in a multi-disciplinary high-tech environment.
- Experience with developing modules/products from first idea to a working product at customers. Experience in low TRL level feasibility projects is preferred.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in a high-tech environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Affinity and mindset towards module / product development, although the projects focus on the feasibility phase and or understanding. Determine solution directions of major issues in lithographic or metrology tools.
- Able to maintain overview and give technical direction in a complex landscape.
- Excellent stakeholder management, building relationships with our internal customers and suppliers.
- Team-player that can use different leadership styles.
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people, also at higher management levels.
- Good analytical skills to cope with complex products, machine modules or issues.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the Position:
This position ispart of the Research department of ASML. Its task is to identify and fill the technological gaps in the future roadmap of the lithography and metrology market. We work in small teams and deliver a proof of concept that can be transferred to Development and Engineering. We intensively work together with external research institutes and universities.
ASML Research offers an informal work atmosphere, opportunities to develop your technical knowledge and skills as well as your soft skills and a good position to move to other ASML departments in the long run.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Research, System Engineer, Architect; Technical Leader; Complex Product/Module development; Multi-disciplinary environment; Technical Leadership; EUV;
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.