You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
25 days ago - req32834
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA (EUV laser source creation).
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Specialist-Site Ops at our location in San Diego, CA. This position will be responsible for organizing and handling a variety of logistics issues in a manufacturing environment.Duties involve but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing.Will need to able to research and complete order management testing and procedures. Positively affect the relationship between the company and a customer, from a financial and product standpoint. Serves as liaison between manufacturing and sales and operations teams to coordinate product availability.Champions customer issues to cross-functional departments including Planning, Tech Support, Manufacturing, and Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as a lead on Site Operation support for all issues, Oracle order management issues, testing, process documentation, tracking, reporting and maintenance.
- Back up support for team in support of part allocation, tracking, KPI reporting.
- Communicates daily via phone or email to Region Logistics, Technical support, Engineering, Finance, Warehouse, Quality, Import& Export, Manufacturing and Change Management teams to resolve escalations for the customer.
- Develops appropriate controls and performance measures to assist in the accomplishment of team’s objectives.
- Supports Field Service Engineers and Account Managers for equipment line downs.Expedites and resolves problems.
- Understands Customer contracts, Service Agreements, and commitments required.
- Responsible for contributing to policy/process improvements and updates as needed.
- Executes allocation decisions regarding critical service parts, and upgrade deliveries to best meet service requirements, revenue goals, and regional stocking needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience is required.
- Specialist in advanced technical or business skills.Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations. May have advanced degree (Master's, PhD).
- Degree in Business, Production Operations Management or Supply Chain Management strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience in, warehousing, logistics, manufacturing, supply chain, inventory planning and distribution, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Oracle, Business Objects and Spotfire experience is strongly preferred.
- APICS certification/coursework is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MRP software strongly preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and electronic e-mail systems.
- Requires working knowledge of inventory planning.
- Ability to apply principles, techniques, and methods in managing inventory.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages.
- Requires ability to evaluate indented BOM structures.
- Requires excellent customer service, negotiation and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of freight, transportation and logistics industry required.
- Ability to work independently on job functions and departmental tasks.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.