Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req32865
Manufacturing Engineer Actuator lab (location Oirschot)
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Other technical job categories, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
If you want to work on development and production of the highest power density electromagnetic systems you could imagine, then this might be the right challenge for you!
The actuator lab is part of ASML’s Development and Engineering sector and is responsible for (electromagnetic) actuator competence development, manufacturing process design, proto build and the introduction of new actuators in our volume factory.
Role and responsibilities
As Manufacturing Engineer you are the interface between the Development Projects and Manufacturing. You understand how linear actuators are build and qualified, are aware of the challenges within manufacturing and our supply chain and are able to use these insights during the design phase to guarantee a smooth introduction of new actuators.
In your daily job you:
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design and manufacturing of electrical linear actuators.
- Build and qualify Proto actuators.
- Work on Actuator Process development for existing processes and future actuators.
- Introduce new actuators into the manufacturing organization by delivering sequences, work instructions and knowledge transfers.
- Contribute to the grow of the Actuator competence preparing ASML for future actuator production.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Theoretical and hands on experience in industrialization of high complexity, low volume products.
- Hands on experience with mechanical and electrical lab equipment (CMM, electrical measurement and test setups)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player
- Strong communicator that can bridge the gap between multiple stakeholders and their needs
- Pro-active, looking for practical solutions
- Able to deal with output pressure and changing priorities
- A tech savvy engineer, not afraid of doing hands on work yourself
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch language
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is known for its lithography systems- machines which combine state of the art optics with cutting-edge laser technology and powerful mechatronics modules.
Mechatronic Systems Development (MSD) provides cutting edge mechatronics solutions for ASML products. MSD specifies designs and trade-off technical solutions and predictably integrate, industrialize and deliver mechatronic subsystems. These include stages to transport and position the wafer within the machine, steer mirrors and other optical elements and provide a disturbance-free dynamical environment. For these and other mechatronic applications linear electrical actuators are being used. The actuator lab secures and Develops Actuator Competences for Product Design, Quality and Manufacturability of Coil and Magnet Assemblies.
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader BM MSD EUV Manufacturing and Equipment engineering.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.