You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
17 days ago - req32876
PLM IT Solution Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML is a high-tech company - headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands. ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML makes the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. The company builds some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of these machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
ASML IT supports information management, infrastructure and automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. These services are mission critical for ASML’s internal and external activities. The goal of the IT organization is to deliver robust and reliable services as well as adding value to the ASML organization through projects and innovation. ASML IT accelerates the rollout of state-of-the-art technology into business-enabling services, with business and IT colleagues working closely together. This will improve the efficiency of our processes and allows us to explore cutting edge technology that helps transform the business supporting ASML customers to meet their (near) future needs. We see exciting new opportunities for IT to support ASML’s growth ambition.
Role and responsibilities
As PLM IT Solution Architect you are responsible for making sure that the company's business strategy uses proper technology systems architecture to achieve its goals. The PLM Solution Architect has a good understanding and interpretation of the business requirements, creates the useful Architectural models and validates, refines and expands of these models based on new business requirements and technology trends relevant for ASML.
We are looking for an Solution Architect in the PLM domain to master the variety of Business and IT Managed applications to increase our sustainability and prepare us for future expansion.
- Defining the IT strategy for his/her process domain, support the scoping of the IT portfolio and describes the IT Architecture roadmap;
- Communication with the Product/Process Owners on their business needs, manages a network of IT Solution & System Architects and accompanies critical initiatives;
- Maintaining architectural products, matures our meta model and develops the IT application standards (directives, policies and guidelines).
The ASML IT governance and organization is straight forward and mainly controlled centrally. There are some exceptions in the regions especially around former acquisitions which still run their own IT applications, but the rest is all centrally driven (design, application development, support, etc.).
The 3 major ASML systems of record are:
- Siemens Teamcenter (PLM system);
- SAP (ECC, S4 / HANA suite);
- Microsoft Office suite.
The ASML IT landscape is vast and contains modern state of the art technology and platforms as well as large legacy environments. Legacy environments are still highly valued and fulfill critical roles in many key business processes. Gradual and controlled landscape redesign and renewal are part of the architectural priorities. To some extent the legacy systems are there to stay to support the installed base of ASML.
You will report to the Head of IT Architecture who is part of the IT MT.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT;
- 10 years of Architecture, Design and Delivery experience in a large-scale Information Technology Environment;
- Proven track record with PLM software;
- Understanding of cloud-based architectures and related security aspects;
- Familiar with TOGAF framework and Archimate business modelling;
- Understanding of Agile / Safe organizational set-up.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to create a holistic integrated view of the IT landscape;
- Comprehensive experience with various architectural domains such as business, application, data, infrastructure and integration;
- Knowledge of current and emerging architecture principles, methodologies and tools;
- Eagerness to follow trends in IT to generate more business value;
- Leadership and motivational skills;
- Facilitate collaboration across a virtual network of IT Architects;
- Strong communication skills to team up with the Business and IT stakeholders;
- Manage the linkage between Strategy and Execution;
- Focusing on results.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.