14 days ago - req32980
Customer Support Engineer - Pyeongtaek
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Role and responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assistsin the analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of Cymer equipmentproblems via telephone or at customer site.
- Follows supervisor’s directionsregarding application of technical concepts and techniques, scheduling,meeting quality standards, and setting priorities.
- Applies basic knowledge ofwell-established technical methods, policies, and practices to solve andaddress routine product problems within limited scope and complexity.
- Participates in training toperform installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventivemaintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
- Works and trains with other fieldservice personnel as appropriate to learn and use professional conceptsand apply company policies and procedures to manage an assignedinstallation equipment base.Thisincludes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customersupport meetings, and ensuring regular communication with thecustomer.Applies high levels ofcustomer service in performing duties.
- Coordinates efforts with others,seeking assistance and feedback as appropriate.Incorporates feedback to improve andenhance capabilities/technical knowledge.
- Completes service, expensereports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance withCymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
Education and experience
- BS degree
- Technical knowledge of electronics.
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
- Knowledge of optics and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment is preferred.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment to include spectrometers, o-scopes, etc.
- Technical ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic systems
- Ability to follow written procedures and identify out-of-specification equipment performance.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and trouble shooting methodologies through training.
- Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as:background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
- For regions - oral and written English language skills preferred.
- Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.