Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req32937
Mechatronic Architect EUV
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you have a background in Mechatronics, Control, Dynamics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering? And experience in requirements specification, design, and taking ownership of the development of a complex mechatronic module? Then this position can be very interesting for you!
Role and responsibilities
Define the architecture of a mechatronics module, including interfaces to other modules. Responsible for the mechatronics function, including architecture, specification, (contribute to) design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration and verification. Your challenge will be to specify and investigate complex high precision mechatronics with picometer performance.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at architecture and design of a mechatronics module function.
- Lead, coach and develop employees within the team
- Technically manage the design and development of mechatronic modules in collaboration with ASML main suppliers.
- Has knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, mechanics, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software (rapid prototyping), (adaptive) optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics
- Support of the mechatronics architecture design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning
- Documentation of requirements, design, test procedures and verification.
Education and experience
- Technical University masters/PhD in Mechanical engineering / Electrical engineering / Technical Physics
- At least 8 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry
- Experience with design and realization of mechatronics systems.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
- Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Eager to learn and challenge the unknown.
- You get energy from realizing and implementing a new design, together with other high-tech companies, with challenging technology requirements and tight timelines.
- Good team player. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English (German is a pre).
- Pro-active and decisive.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to a group leader in one of the groups in the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components.
Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design and position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences. In this specific function knowledge in complex high precision mechatronic hardware design is strongly preferred.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.