19 days ago - req32941
Proto Engineer (2nd Shift)
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Proto Engineer is responsible to build in and test proto hardware and software (reticle stage & handler, wafer alignment sensor, wafer table, etc.) on a fully functional Twinscan Prototype or Test Rig with minimum lead-time and maximum quality. Be expert on Top, bottom and mid module operations and troubleshooting to optimize uptime availability and minimize downtime.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Proto Engineer is responsible for operating and maintaining test rigs used for design qualification, integration, reliability, and issue resolution. Also contribute towards an optimal design for the complete product and the creation of the product documentation necessary for pilot production.
- Maintain and operate D&E test rigs for new product qualification, integration and issue resolution.
- Review and contribute to test plans to ensure efficient use of the test rig.
- Ensure test is executed by following test plan and operational procedures.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and report issues in the module design to improve system performance.
- Carry out and/or assist the integration, build in/build out, and troubleshoot activities on test rigs.
- Provide technical support to other D&E engineers, as a generalist.
- Monitor test rig performance within set parameters.
- Keep test rig, hardware and software, configuration up to date.
- Transfer machine status and issue list to next shift, pass down.
- Train other proto engineers and technicians in test rig operation and troubleshoot.
- Ensure safe working environment and work according 5S principles.
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree in engineering majors (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Optics, Computer Engineering, Physics, etc.), or equivalent experience.
- In order to support the existing Test Rigs in Wilton, experience and knowledge on operating, and troubleshooting ASML Twinscan is preferred or equivalent experience on motion control, robot, thermal dynamics, optical devices, vacuum applications and precision mechanics.
- Experience with ASML diagnostic tools (SDT, WSADT, trace viewer, PCS, Coach) a plus.
- Relevant experience in a multi-disciplined work environment. Preferably knowledge of measurement systems and/or system functionality analysis.
- Test experience in R&E environment, and Prototype systems.
- Working with complex systems with multifunctions.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
This vacancy is available on 2nd shift with a work schedule of 8hrs/day. At times will be more than an “8 hour” job, off hours support is required.
- This position is located onsite in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.