9 days ago - req33050
Global Support Center Engineer (EUV Source Vessel & Plasma Qualificaiton))
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML produces high tech and high value products to semiconductor manufacturers. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. To minimize those costs ASML Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible to repair the systems as soon as possible. For this reason ASML ensures 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents. Each of the incidents seen at customer site are analyzed and documented to prevent similar incidents in the future.
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. These tasks and responsibilities are varying with the phase of system maturity which makes the job challenging.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a Customer Support Engineer for EUV Source Vessel and Plasma Qualification, the major R&R is to ensure that ASML EUV Source can provide stable and high performance EUV light towards Scanner, which is used for high volume of wafer exposure for production purpose. Engineer will be responsible to troubleshoot & resolve issues related to equipment and performance problems in the sub-competences including: Plasma qualification, temperature control (air/water cooling) ,flow & vacuum systems, source mechanical hardware, as well as relevant control systems.
Also other major R&R as following:
1. NPI preparation
During the NPI phase be assigned to the project in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to independently support field escalations. Be in charge of their own training plan and indicate what is required. Transfer and share gained skills and knowledge within worldwide GSC in order to establish and maintain equal GSC Continental support teams. Travel onsite during introduction phase support by delivering knowledge/escalation handling to local organization.
2. Technical problem solving within competency
Solving complex technical problems by remote analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC Engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. Involving additional help from development engineers’ help to drive fast incident resolution. On-site support is often required to solve the problem at customer sites. Another important task of a GSC engineer is to manage the (technical) escalation, secure that the right data is available and provide routine updates to management and stakeholders. Next to solving a technical problem, a GSC engineer is responsible to start the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future. Collaboration with the departments as CS Service Engineering is necessary to establish that goal.
3. Knowledge proliferation
Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers increase the efficiency of our customer service. Engineer needs to mentor trainees and delivers feedback on potential improvements. In addition identify learning by use of Incident Repeat Prevention process and make sure that proper follow-up is secured. On-site supports are always accompanied with knowledge transfers to local organization. Integrating background information in action plans is a perfect way to increase the knowledge level of the local engineers.
Must be willing, able, and flexible to travel approx. 30% of the time domestic / international.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Process technology, Aerospace Engineering) or equivalent experience.Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant, work related experience is required.
- Experience related to large volume data analysis by utilizing professional tools (MatLab, python etc..)
- Experience of working on large scale equipment, familiar with both mechanical HW and Control System
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural setup and daily communication to others where English as their 2nd language
- Experience of working under pressure and deadline
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude;
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments;
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented;
- Able to plan and set priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.