You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
At ASML we like to make the impossible possible. Our lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to mass producing semiconductor chips. With it, the world’s top chipmakers are creating better performing, cheaper chips. In fact, we’re probably a part of the electronic device you’re using right now!
We design and engineer machines that are on the cutting edge of technology. These machines do things like beaming a tiny droplet of tin with a big laser so it turns into plasma and as a consequence emit just the frequency of light that we need. That is requiring complex hardware and of course complex software and software development environments. We are searching for the brightest minds on the planet to help us achieve our mission.
Role and responsibilities
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product &Technology Software Innovation: using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working to provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel build system, Docker, Kubernetes and much more. Our goal? That our magic empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Does this sound exciting to you? Do you find our challenges motivating and do you like to become part of the success story of ASML? Then this is an opportunity for you to apply!
- You will be responsible for the team roadmap to drive software faults to zero from a test-based approach, while setting up and driving the test competence within the department. This consists of several aspects on which you will focus:
- Setup and continuously improve the test automation framework/architecture in close cooperation with the system architect and the teams;
- Drive the competence of automated testing within IT P&T Software Innovation and be a sparring partner for architects and teams;
- Help the team develop test automation scripts and implement them as part of our CI/CD pipeline;
- Align and support with the System Architect to ensure the test roadmap and the functional roadmaps are aligned.
- Assist the CPO and PO by performing software quality assessments and report the results in terms of coverage and remaining risks, including proposing improvement actions to the CPO and PO.
- Review test-related deliverables, observe automated regression test results, first analysis, follow-up actions, bug advocacy.
- Be part of the ASML software test community and be a representative of the IT Product & Technology Software Innovation in that community.
Our Tech Stack: #python #ruby #jenkins #github #githubactions #subversion #svn #cucumber #bazel #gradle #jira #jiraalign #buildbuddy #kubernetes #docker #artifactory #puppet #linux#rpm #azure #gcp #googlecloud
Education, experience and skills
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Master degree in a technical domain. Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent is considered a plus;
- 8+ years of experience with automated software testing, preferably in a technical environment;
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst or ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst certification is a must;
- Software development experience, preferably in Python;
- Deep understanding of Software Testing principles;
- Senior experience with CI/CD and DevOps is a must;
- Experience with test automation frameworks;
- A team player and coach with good communication skills;
- Experienced in working in a true Agile environment;
- Highly motivated to become acquainted with new topics and technologies;
- Driven to improve yourself and keep on learning;
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.
What we offer
We offer you an ambitious and highly innovative environment at the world’s leading high tech company, where you are in the driver seat of your career! With multiple possible career paths and enormous possibilities for personal development like e.g. a large training catalogue to choose from, free access to Pluralsight and free books. You get all the support you need to develop and grow.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.